Turkish Milk Pudding With Caramel Sauce – Fake Chicken Breast Pudding
We are making a popular milk dessert in Turkey. Turkish Milk Pudding With Caramel Sauce. Traditionally we have a pudding with real chicken breast in it. It is used to give its oozing texture rather than taste. But in this fake version, we get similar silky consistency and flavor without using chicken breast, and nowadays this is the recipe used to make this pudding.
Thank you for supporting me with a cup of coffee: https://www.patreon.com/turkishfoodtravel
SUBSCRIBE ► ►► https://bit.ly/3iirrRC
FOLLOW ME FROM INSTAGRAM ► ►► http://instagram.com/turkishfoodtravel
Ingredients For Turkish Milk Pudding:
- For the milk pudding:
- 100gr. butter
- 3/4 cup flour (my cup size is 250ml universal cup)
- 1 liter of milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package vanilla powder or 1 tsp vanilla essence
Check these recipes too!
Ottoman Turkish Recipe “Keshkul” – Almond Pudding
Fluffy Turkish Cake Revani With Syrup
Easy Chocolate Tart Cake With Cherry Sauce
How To Make Fake Chicken Breast Milk Pudding
- In a medium-size pan add butter or margarine and melt. Add flour and stir continuously on medium heat until it has a very light brown color and nutty taste for about 4-5 minutes (watch the video)
- Pour the milk over while whisking and being careful with the steam. Continue to whisk and cook until the “tavuk göğsü muhallebi”, the pudding thickens.
- Add vanilla powder or extract and turn off the heat. Preferably with a handheld mixer or with a wire whisk, whisk for about 5 minutes.
- pour 1/2 cup water in a 20X28cm rectangular or similar size deep pan and swirl to get the water all over and pour back. This will help the pudding not to stick to the pan. Pour the milk pudding, spread evenly and let it cool in the refrigerator.
Make The Simple Caramel Sauce:
- For the thickening mix: 1+ 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- For the caramel sauce:
- 1/2 + 1 tbsp cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- Mix the water and cornstarch in a medium-size bowl and set aside
- In a heavy bottom dry saucepan add sugar and melt without stirring on medium heat until it has a caramel color. Careful not to burn it.
- Carefully add water from the side so steam doesn’t burn your hand. It will first get hardened then will melt again. After it is completely melted gradually add cornstarch water mixture and stir. Cook until it is shiny and thickened. You can add a bit more water if it is too thick.
- While it is still hot pour over the milk pudding and spread. Let it cool completely.
How To Serve
Cut the fake chicken breast pudding, sprinkle chopped hazelnuts if you like, and serve cold.