You will be amazed when you see how easy it is to make this scrumptious Turkish dessert called “Saray Tatlısı”, or “Turkish Palace Pudding”
It is a modern popular recipe, probably named after its beautiful look and delightful creamy taste.
Legendary in taste as well as looks, this dessert can be made by anyone. It will be one of your favorite recipes.
Thank you for supporting me: https://www.patreon.com/turkishfoodtravel ►SUBSCRIBE ► ►► https://bit.ly/3iirrRC
►INSTAGRAM ► ►► http://instagram.com/turkishfoodtravel
► Facebook: ► ►► https://fb.me/turkishfoodtravel
- For the pudding:
- 1-liter whole milk
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp corn or wheat starch
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 pack vanilla powder or vanilla extract the amount you usually use
- straight design glasses
- For the chocolate sauce:
- 2-3 heaped tbsp heavy cream
- about 60-70 grams chopped bittersweet chocolate
- To decorate: coarsely chopped roasted hazelnuts or unsweetened coconut flake
Instructions For Palace / Glass Pudding (Saray Tatlısı)
Cook the pudding:
- In a big saucepan add 1-liter of milk, flour, corn starch, and sugar. whisk with a wire whisker and turn on the heat.
- Cook the pudding on medium heat, stirring continuously until it thickens and bubbly. Add butter, vanilla powder, or extract, cook for 1 more minute and turn off the heat.
- With an electric mixer whisk the pudding while it is still hot for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to the glass and swirl the glass so the water can get all over the glass 🙂 Do the same to other glasses. This will help the pudding to take out after it is set.
- Pour the pudding while it is still warm. I used 4 big glasses. Depend on the sizes of your glasses u can use more or even can use ramekins or small glass bowls too. Cover with stretch film and refrigerate at least for 4 hours or overnight.
Assembling The Dessert:
- Have ready your serving plate, chopped hazelnuts, and or shredded coconut flakes on a wide plate to roll the pudding.
- Turn over the glass and move or stretch the pudding in the glass from the sides gently to let some air come between the pudding and glass and it should easily come.
- Cut the pudding log into two or three and roll the sides onto chopped hazelnuts or coconut flakes. Repeat the step with other puddings.
- Pour chocolate ganache sauce on top of the puddings and spread evenly. Sprinkle ground pistachios and serve.