Fluffy Turkish Cake Revani With Syrup
Turkish cake with syrup “Revani” is a fluffy, light cake made with eggs, semolina, and little flour. It is also well known in middle east countries as “Basboussa”
We really love this traditional Turkish cake dessert and serve it especially on Ramadan and on the dinner menu for our guests. There are many different kinds made with milk or yogurt or with more oil. Some recipe uses only flour some only semolina. I choose this one to share with you because we really like this version. To show you how easy it is to make, my daughter made this dessert for you:)
Ingredients for Revani Semolina Cake:
- For the syrup:
- 1+1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 ts lemon juice
- For the semolina cake:
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 lemon or orange rind or vanilla
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup semolina flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package baking powder (2 tsp)
- To serve: about 1/3 cup unsweetened grated coconut
- About 20X28cm rectangular or similar medium size pan
First make the syrup:
Stir water and sugar in a small pan and heat. After boiling for 5 minutes pour dropped lemon juice boil 30 seconds more. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
Check this similar semolina cake without eggs and oil
Turkish Semolina Cake With Syrup “Sambali”
For The Semolina Cake:
- In a big bowl mix eggs, sugar, and lemon rind until light and fluffy about 4 minutes.
- Add oil, then semolina, flour, and baking powder. Mix on low until everything is corporated.
- Grease 20 x 28 cm or similar size pan. Pour the cake mixture over and bake in a preheated 170C degree oven until golden brown and risen.
- After 5 minutes taking out from the oven pour the cooled syrup slowly and wait until it soaks all of it.
- Sprinkle unsweetened grated coconut generously and serve
For more Turkish Cuisine recipes don’t forget to subscribe and press the notification button: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwVIj-OqEjXNqKpItChRrMQ?sub_confirmation=1
Follow me on social media