Delicious and easy chicken dish you can make in 10 minutes and pop into oven!
If you don’t have much time and want a hearty homecooked dinner this might be the recipe you are looking for! To marinade, you need only 5 minutes in the morning to bring everything together and let the time work for you. Another 5 minutes to chop the veggies and bring everything together to pop into the oven close to dinner time.
Ingredients For Turkish Delight Chicken
- 1 kg. boneless chicken thigh
- For the chicken marinade
- 1 tbsp each tomato paste, red pepper paste
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tsp pul biber (red pepper flakes)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin salt
- For the potato side dish:
- 5 medium size potatoes
- 2 sweet cape red pepper
- 2-3 green peppers
- a tsp or less salt, red pepper, paprika, oregano
- olive oil
How To Make Oven Baked Turkish Delight Chicken
Marinade The Chicken
- Wash and drain the boneless chicken thigh pieces
- To prepare the marinade souce: In a big bowl mix tomato and red pepper paste, yogurt, olive oil, garlic puré and spices. Mix well.
- Add chicken pieces and mix until it is coates well. Cover with a strech film and rest at least for 4 hours or overnight.
Prepare The Veggies:
- Peel potatoes and cut in medium-size cubes. Take out the seeds and the stem of red peppers and cut in similar size of the potatoes. Cut the green peppers in big chunks. If you can’t find thin green peppers you can also use whicever is available on the market.
- Put veggies in a big bowl and add salt, pepper, paprika and olive oil. Toss until they are coated well.
- Line parchment paper to a baking pan. Transfer the veggies to the half of the pan.
- Place the madinaded chicken thighs next to each other, keeping the skinside on top and tacking the sides under the main part to look pretty.
- Bake Turkish delight chicken in the oven for about 45 minutes or until the top is golden color and chicken and vegetables are soft inside.
As a side dish, I simply made a season’s salad with what I had on hand: Chop iceberg into bite-size cubes. Add chopped parsley, cucumber and tomatoes cut into cubes. Drizzle olive oil, lemon juice and season it with salt.