Cauliflower and chicken dish. It has a bechamel sauce in it and covered with extra cheese to complete this comforting oven dish. One of the best ways to enjoy! I am also giving you an easy baked potato side dish you can cook together with some tricks to make it crunchy outside while using less oil.
Ingredients For Cauliflower Chicken Dish:
- For the chicken cauliflower layer:
- 1 small size cauliflower
- little less than 1/2 cup water too steam cook
- 1 medium-size onion
- 1 chicken breast
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each sweet paprika, salt, black pepper
- For the bechamél sauce:
- 1 heaped tbsp butter
- 2 heaped tbsp flour
- about 3 tbsp olive or vegetable oil until the mixture is runny
- 2 cups of milk salt to taste dash of nutmeg (optional)
- about 1 cup or less shredded mozzarella or kashar cheese
Chicken & Cauliflower Layer:
- Cut the cauliflower into stems of the same sizes. You can cut away some of the long stems but it’s better to keep them. Try to keep its shape while separating for a prettier look.
- Place them in a wide pan adding less than 1/2 cup water and cook on low heat, until a somewhat soft (not fully soft, it will continue to cook in the oven) lid closed for about 10 minutes. We want to use just enough water to create steam to cook them. You can check from time to time if it needs more. Drain the excess water and set it aside.
- Sauté diced onions in the same pan with olive until lightly brown. Add cubed chickens and continue to sauté until they turn their color and cooked. Add salt, spices, garlic and give it a good stir. Pour the steamed cauliflowers and gently stir. Transfer the mixture to an oven-safe deep dish baking tray.
The Béchamel Sauce:
- In a medium-size pan melt butter, add flour and enough olive oil until it is a wet mixture (about 2 tbsp). Stir and sauté until it has a light caramel color. Don’t keep more than that, it can burn and create a bitter taste.
- While stirring with wire whisk add milk, salt, and nutmeg if you are using and cook until it is thickened and bubbly. It should be a bit runny, you can add a little more milk if needed to adjust the thinkness. Pour the sauce over the chicken cauliflower layer.
- Top it with shredded mozzarella or kashar cheese and cook in a preheated 200C degree oven for about 20-30 minutes or until it is bubbly and a nice golden crust is formed.
- Enjoy 10 minutes after from the oven with a baked potato or a side dish of your choice.
How To Make Baked Crisp Potato Wedges
- For that you will need:
- 4-6 medium size potatoes
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- sweet or hot paprika, salt
- 4-5 tbsp olive oil
- baking paper
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut them in medium size wedges. Place a baking paper over a baking tray. arrange the potatoes over. With a small sifter sift corn starch and corn meal over them. Add some salt and paprika.
- Mix with your had to cover the potatoes with the mixture. Drizzle olive oil over them and mix and spread them over the tray.
- Bake with the chicken cauliflower dish until potatoes are golden color and soft inside.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Turkish Style Chicken Yakhni With Vegetables
Spicy Fried Chicken With 2 Side Dishes
Chicken Kebabs In Guvech With Eggplant & Mushrooms
Turkish Pilav With Orzo | Best Turkish Side Dish