Turkish cuisine is very rich in savory pastries and flatbreads and it is widely available as street food or snack any time of the day. And you can enjoy making popular and traditional flatbreads & Boreks at the comfort of your home. In the new 3-week online cooking class we are going to make popular street food of Turkey Lahmacun, Pide, and Borek… Places are limited so I would suggest registering in advance.
Here are the dates and details of the course.
March 27, 2021 / 4-6pm GMT: Lahmacun & AYRAN Yogurt Drink With 3 Variations Class
Lahmacun is one of the favorite dishes of all-time. With its thin-crust, I can describe it as a flatbread or pizza. But the rich minced meat topping with veggies turns it into a delightful meal. I am going to show you how you can make the Lahmacun on the stovetop. And will also going to show how to make Onion Sumac Salad and Ayran (Yogurt drink) with three variations. It is a staple company to lahmacun
April 3, 2021 / 4-6.30 pm GMT: Pide Class
Pide is a flatbread or hearty snack with a rather thicker crust than Lahmacun. It has an oval shape with sides and can be made with various fillings. It is served sliced. We will make 3 different types of pides with minced meat, cheese, and spinach fillings.
April 10, 2021 / 4-6.30pm GMT: Hand Rolled Borek & Kısır Class
Borek is a flaky savory pastry usually filled with Turkish white cheese, minced meat, or potato fillings. It can be made with phyllo sheets or by hand. I am going to show you how you can make it by hand using a rolling pin. You roll a pile of dough pieces together to make the thin flaky dough at the end in an easy method. While our borek is cooking we will make a traditional teatime party salad “Kısır” with bulgur wheat, herbs, and spices.
- I will send the recipes to you in advance to follow along and take notes while I cook. (Before the online class begins, I suggest you make the preparations such as peeling and cutting so you will be more focused.)
- You will be able to get the recorded class if somethings come up and can attend a class.
- It would be better if you can join from bigger screens like Ipad, computer or tv.
- If you are new to cooking or Turkish cuisine, I would recommend watching and asking questions during the cooking class and follow up by cooking the meal at your convenience. But if you prefer, feel free to cook along with me. I would love it!
- We will have a Live Q&A session at the end while we enjoy our menu.
- Please contact me first from nuraltan@ gmail.com to check availability and for the payment. You will be on the list after the payment is received.
- Cancellation and refund policy: There will be no refund. You can also join other classes if something special happened and you can’t come. ( Please mail me)