Perfect Chicken Shish Kebab! You will want to make it every week! So easy to make! Eat for lunch or with complete Turkish menu, green lentil soup, size bulgur wheat pilav and almond milk dessert “Keshkül” great for dinner too!
What is Chicken Shish Kebab?
Chicken shish kebab is a cubed chicken breast meat placed in wooden or metal skewers alternately with vegetables like peppers and tomatoes. It is grilled and served with flatbreads, salads, or pilav.
- About 750gr. boneless chicken breast
- wooden skewers or metal skewers
- For the chicken marinade:
- 1 tsp each black pepper, red pepper flakes, cumin, oregano, salt
- 4-5 top milk and olive oil 3 cloves of garlic (puréd)
- wooden or metal skewers
- Green and red peppers, cherry tomatoes (optional)
How To Make Shish Kebab (Tawook)
Marinade The Chickens:
- Wash and cut the chicken breast in about 3 cm cubes. Place them into a big bowl.
- Add 1 tsp each black pepper, red pepper flakes, cumin, oregano, salt.
- Pour 4-5 tbsp milk, olive oil and 3 cloves of pured garlic. Mix everything well, cover and let it marinade in the fridge for at least 2-3 hour and over night if you have time.
Grilling The Kebabs
- Prepare green and red peppers: Cut in cubes in same sizes with the chicken pieces.
- To a wooden or metal skewers, arrange alternately from chicken and peppers. Don’t place them stiff, so they can cook evenly. Before you begin grilling the chicken shish, if you want you can prepare the salad to serve them as hot as possible.
- I used cast-iron griddle to grill my chickens but, you can use non-stick big pan or even grill in the oven. Heat the griddle to medium-high, drizzle some vegetable oil and let them sizzle! 😊 Turn little by little after they begin to get colored. Continue to grill until inside is fully cooked and peppers are softened.
I served the chicken shish kebab on top of the bulgur wheat pilav. But it goes well with rice pilav too. You can also serve it separately too.
Dishes I cooked to complete the menu:
Green Lentil Soup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR6Of1gHH60
Bulgur Pilav Recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WwvbyCrDEc
Or Make Rice Pilav: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_w-mv1BufE
The Keshkul Pudding: Ottoman Turkish Recipe “Keshkul” – Almond Pudding
Turkish Ezme Salad: https://youtu.be/6tNKTxPmIT0