Make a perfect plum jam in a different way, not in a pan but in the oven! With roasting the plum, you end up with more dense flavor while keeping the pieces whole.
Ingredients For Slow Roasted Plum Jam
- 1+1/2 kg damson plums or any other hard plum types
- 750gr. sugar
- 3/4 tbsp apple vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
How To Make Plum Jam
- Wash and take out the stems of preferably damson plums. You can try with other hard plum types too.
- Cut the plum in half, pit and place it in a round baking tray in about 40cm in diameter.
- Pour the sugar over the plums. Add apple vinegar, water and, rose geranium leaves or cloves if you are using.
- Bake in 160C degree oven for about an hour. Check after it releases its juice. From time to time drizzle the juice over the plums or tilt the tray to let the juice touch to the plums.
- When the jam begins to recuse its juice, get a spoonful of it to a small bowl and refrigerate it to check the thickness. Count that it will get thicker after it is cooled down.
- Take out from the oven and transfer the jams to jars and let it cool, keeping it in the refrigerator. Enjoy in breakfast time on a piece of bread with butter or better with kaymak (clotted cream)