Make potato salad Turkish style with simple ingredients. It’s a healthy and vegan salad recipe. The dressing doesn’t have any mayonnaise or yogurt and the fresh herbs and seasonings make the difference.
Ingredients For Potato Salad:
- 6-7 medium-size potato cooked skin on
- a handful of fresh parsley
- a handful of dill (optional)
- 4-6 spring onion
- juice of a half lemon or more
- 4-5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes,
- 1 tsp sumac (optional)
- salt to taste
How To Make Turkish Style Potato Salad
- Boil the potatoes with skin until soft. Make sure not to over cook so it keeps its shape. Drain the water , let it cool to handle and peel. Cut them into big chunks and put them in a large bowl.
- Finely chop parsley and dill if using and thinly slice the scallions and add them to the bowl. You can also add pickled cucumbers, fresh lettuce thinly sliced, or grilled red peppers too…
- For the seasonings, I added red pepper flakes, sumac, and dried mint. Sumac gives a sour deeper taste and mint gives an extra fresh kick but they are optional.
- Finally for the salad dressing simply add olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. You can also add pomegranate molasses as an option. Serve warm or cold. We usually make it in ladies tea parties serving with different kinds of boreks and of course Turkish tea. Make sure to check my other salad recipes as well.
Other Salad Recipes you see in the video:
- Potato Salad With Red Cabbage: https://youtu.be/2k74sWHRIAQ
- Turkish Roasted Eggplant Salad: https://youtu.be/Zqcb5Ma044g
- Vegan Lentil Kofte Balls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqyOR4-MVH8
- Teatime Menu For My Family: 6 Recipes & Timely Preps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aM6dPvX7A0
- Turkish Bulgur Salad “Kısır” & Ladies Teatime Menu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MoZl457UFE
- Beetroot Pasta Salad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqDtvvTcNyQ
- Carrot & Zucchini Yogurt Salad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I5icS4WGRw
- Turkish Ezme Salad Served In Restaurants: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tNKTxPmIT0